Friday, February 24, 2012

The Birthday Box

A child's birthday is the highlight of the year, so I strive to make it special.

First we have the Birthday Bag.  It consists of a Birthday Bear, two Birthday Books, a Birthday Puzzle, and a Birthday Coloring Page.

The Birthday child gets to bring the bag home for the night. 

I purchased the bag from Vista Print when they were having a special. I think I only paid for the shipping which was about $5.  Then I attached a tag saying what to bring back and what to keep.




Then there is the Birthday Box.  This is where I keep:

Decorations (Dollar Tree, twelve in a bag, four of three designs)
Birthday Crowns (Dollar Tree, birthday border that I measure/staple to fit child's head)
Birthday Cards (Dollar Tree)
Birthday Banner (made using my Cricut)
Birthday Sprays (Dollar Tree balloon weights, set on either side of Birthday Sign)
Birthday Sign (not pictured, it's an 8x11 clear plastic, free-standing picture frame that sets on top of the cubbies in entryway with a Happy Birthday (name) sign for all to see)
Birthday Bow (Dollar Tree, I am cheap so I reuse it for the gifts)







At afternoon snack we gather to sing Happy Birthday, open presents (I try to stay under $15), and have a special snack.

I think this has worked well so far. Plus-because I am hyper anal-simple storage and everything is where I need it when it's time.

Erin


No comments:

Post a Comment